Blog Mission Statement:
The AGA Blog publishes posts by our authors and members on recent papers in the Journal of Heredity, by AGA awardees on their research, and on other topics in line with the AGA mission to encourage the study of comparative genetics and genomics in order to document, conserve, and manage organismal diversity. The goal of the AGA blog is to provide an inclusive forum for science communication. "Getting your foot in the door," particularly when it comes to popular science writing and blogging, can be daunting. However, at the AGA Blog, we welcome all science communicators, from those who have never blogged before to seasoned pros.
If you are interested in contributing to the blog, follow these steps:
1. If you are not already an AGA member, please join here: Membership
A one-year membership costs $20 for students, postdocs, and early career scientists.
Membership gives you access to the entire 100+ years of Journal of Heredity, as well as other member-only information and benefits. When we receive your first blog post, we will extend your membership for another year for free.
2. Check out blog-post ideas:
- recent Journal of Heredity articles -- authors may also submit 'Behind the Science' posts
- older articles if they illustrate a current news item, idea being debated, etc.
- themes explored in Journal of Heredity articles, e.g., Conservation Genomics, Pigmentation Genes
- your own fieldwork and research journey (particularly for AGA awardees)
- the AGA Symposium talks and recent AGA-sponsored workshops
- interviews with AGA council members, editorial board members, Journal of Heredity authors
3. Submit your post idea with Subject: POST_IDEA to Stacy Krueger-Hadfield, Social Media Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
4. Once Stacy approves your post, follow the Guidelines:
5. Read and share your work!
Issue 113-4 now online!
Read the Editor's Choice invited review,
by Jente Ottenburghs
And the Invited Perspective,
by Robin Waples
Both freely available
Journal of Heredity is pleased to now offer multimedia graphical abstracts. Include one with your submission!
Note to Authors: Journal of Heredity has
No page or color charges
Free data archiving in Dryad
Discounted open access for AGA members
Any questions? Contact the Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the AGA Council's statements on diversity - see About the AGA.