The AGA grants awards each year to members to support special events that further the purposes of the Association, particularly to encourage student participation. Eligible events include specialized workshops, short courses in some aspect of organismal genetics, and meetings in areas of great current interest, but any event that would advance the purpose of the Association is eligible for support.
The AGA Council is pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s Special Events Awards, approved at their June, 2014 meeting:
1. $12,200 to Michael Bell, Matthew Wund and Peter Park (Stony Brook University): 8th International Conference on Stickleback Behavior and Evolution
2. $10, 000 to Oliver Ryder (San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research): Frozen Zoo® Cell Culture Seminar: training scientists for biobanking and biodiversity research
3. $10,000 to Michael Herman, Loretta Johnson, Theodore Morgan and others (Kansas State University): 12th Ecological Genomics Symposium
4. $18,500 to David Haussler, Oliver Ryder and Stephen O’Brien (University of California, Santa Cruz): 2015 Genome10K Conference
5. $18,500 to Steve O'Brien, Warren Johnson, Taras Oleksyk and others (Nova Southeastern University): The AGA/ Smithsonian sponsored: Short Course in Recent Advances in Conservation Genetics 2016
6. $3,500 to Kathryn Rodriguez-Clark and Antonio Sole-Cava (ReGeneC): Addendum: Special Event Award to the Red de Genética Para la Conservación (ReGeneC)”.
Any questions? Contact the Managing Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.