Note -- If you want to write about a JHered article, email firstname.lastname@example.org to access the list of papers already assigned
1. Journal of Heredity articles from the most recently published issue
2. articles published on Advance Access (which will appear in the next issue)
3. articles from the past year’s issues
4. older articles if they illustrate a current news item, idea being debated, etc.
Example: Covid-19 may have come from highly endangered, illegally traded pangolins. Molecular tracing of pangolins is the subject of Gaubert et al. 2017. For more on software to trace trafficked species, see Zhao et al. 2019.
5. themes explored in Journal of Heredity articles, e.g., Urban Evolution, Pigmentation Genes, Horse Genetics
6. articles from recent work in other journals that is in keeping with the main aims and missions of the American Genetic Association and the Journal of Heredity
7. your own field work
8. recent AGA-sponsored workshops
9. interviews with AGA council members, editorial board members, Journal of Heredity authors
First, follow the steps in About the Blog -- become an AGA member, and submit your post idea. Once it's accepted, start writing!
And new subject areas:
Conservation genomics and biodiversity
Tree of Life: Population structure, phylogeography and phylogenomics
Genotype to phenotype
Molecular adaptation and selection
and Genome Resources for our newest article category