AGA2021! October 10-13, 2021
Current Applications & Future Directions
We are thrilled to announce that we will be holding President Kelly Zamudio’s symposium in-person and virtually this October at Cliff Lodge in Snowbird, Utah. The meeting will include 4 sessions:
o Climate change, adaptation, and genomics
o Genetic monitoring and genomic rescue
o Genomics of disease and conservation of wildlife
o Conservation genomics in action
The AGA holds the friendliest symposia - small meetings in lovely settings, providing great opportunities to interact with the best in the field.
- The first 50 student and postdoc members who submit a poster abstract will receive free in-person registration. Four to six abstracts will be selected for oral presentations and $300 travel awards. There is no free virtual registration. The link to upload your abstract will open after you complete registration.
You can add your abstract until August 1, as long as there is still room.
All registrants may submit poster abstracts until we have received 75 abstracts, at which point no more will be accepted.
There will only be oral presentations by the Invited Speakers and any selected students/postdocs.
- In-person attendees - Please register only if you will be fully vaccinated prior to the meeting. Our meetings are up close and personal!
- Virtual attendees - All sessions will be available live, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions via Zoom chat. The sessions will be recorded for later viewing by AGA members. Virtual attendees may submit poster abstracts, but will not receive free registration.
- The price of in-person registration includes: All sessions, registration reception, poster session reception, lunches and coffee breaks
- Day 1 (Sunday) will be arrivals and registration reception. Day 2 and Day 3 are full-day talks, with an evening poster session on Day 2.
- Banquet - there will be an optional banquet on Day 3 for a $75 charge. Please sign up for the banquet when you register, as numbers are limited!
- Guests - those who don't plan to attend the sessions, but want to come to the opening reception, poster session, lunches, and coffee breaks to hang out with everyone, must register. You do not have to be an AGA member. If you plan to attend the banquet, please add it to your own registration.
- Accommodations at special rates are at Cliff Lodge (where the meeting is) and at The Lodge at Snowbird, a short walk away. Click the link below to book.
AGA member in-person registration $200
Non-member registration $250
Guest registration $100 (pays for food and drink)
Virtual registration $100 (pays to hire the IT person and AV equipment)
First 50 students/postdocs who submit poster abstracts $0
AGA Council Members $0
Questions? Contact Anjanette Baker, AGA Manager, theaga(at)theaga.org